Call for Presentations
ASE is inviting journal-first presentations for papers published recently in prestigious software engineering journals. This will both enrich the ASE program as well as offer the authors an opportunity to speak to the community.
The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the ASE proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program and the proceeding will only contain the abstract and a pointer to the journal publication.
At least one author of each presentation accepted for the journal-first program must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
We invite applications for journal papers published in:
- Automated Software Engineering Journal (Springer)
- IEEE Transaction of Software Engineering (IEEE TSE)
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (ACM TOSEM)
- Empirical Software Engineering Journal (Springer)
- Information and Software Technology (IST)
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
Other journals may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
A journal-first presentation submitted to ASE 2019 must adhere to the following criteria:
- The paper was accepted for publication not earlier than January 1st 2018.
- The paper is in the scope of the conference, as defined in the call for ASE 2019 research papers.
- The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work.
- The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
- The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other conferences.
Authors of manuscripts that respect these criteria are invited to fill out this application form, including the paper title, authors, an extended abstract, a statement that attests the nature of journal-first paper, and a pointer to the original journal paper.
Authors will be invited to present their paper at ASE 2019 after a check that the paper is in scope for the conference and it adheres to the criteria above. The papers will not be reviewed again for technical content. In case an exceptionally high number of proposals is received, presentation proposals will be prioritized according to their fit to the conference theme and structure of sessions.