Call for Student Volunteers
Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of the 34th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2019). They help with many things from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of Software Engineering. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that are also interested in Software Engineering and to cover some of the costs of attending the conference!
This exclusive experience is available to both undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ASE 2019 a unique experience for all attendees.
Would you like to be part of the ASE 2019 organization? Don’t miss your chance! Sign up and help us!
Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference week:
- Registration duties (e.g., setting up, preparing conference bags, and helping attendees register).
- Technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Providing directions at the conference location.
- Checking badges at various halls including dining halls.
- Availability from November 11 – November 15, 2019 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are not available on any of the days of the pre- and/or post-conference program. Not all volunteers will be required to work full time, and we can take this information into account during selection.
- Complimentary student registration to the main conference, as well as the ability to attend the sessions that you have been assigned to.
- Free ASE 2019 Student Volunteer T-Shirt.
- Tickets for lunches during the main conference and the additional days when you will be volunteering, as well as for the ASE 2019 social dinner and reception.
- A great opportunity to meet and talk about your research with leading researchers, both from academia and industry, and other students.
- Possibility to attend pre-conference events on the days when you will be volunteering.
Travel and accommodation costs are not included. We encourage all students to apply for financial assistance through the SIGSOFT CAPS program: http://www.sigsoft.org/resources/caps.html
- Must be enrolled as a doctoral, masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Complete the online application form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfn2j3g4G1ciVe2HGHe1ChcrYKyfyHKR7JVlQAGUzFcfd6ebw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
- Send your latest CV to the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs (email@example.com; with the subject line “ASE2019SV CV for <Student Name>”).
- Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or another faculty member at your institution. This recommendation must be emailed to the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org; with the subject line “ASE2019SV Reference for <Student Name>”) by the faculty reference you indicate in the application form. The letter should cover your organizational skills, willingness to help, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us select you as a student volunteer.
The Student Volunteer Program is sponsored by Amazon Web Services (AWS).